The Earth Sciences Workshop is a Small Research Facility (S.R.F) with a number of different uses. We are able manufacture scientific equipment and consumables for the department, and others within the university. We can also manufacture equipment for other universities and organisations around the world.
Common tasks within the department include….
- Precision machined components
- Column racks
- Column moulds
- General plastic fabrication
- Manufacture of consumables for experiments
- Repairs to departmental equipment
Earth Sciences Workshop Facilities
- Precision machining including: Manual Turning, Manual Milling, Surface Grinding, Radial Drilling
- CNC Milling
- CNC Turning
- 3D CAD/CAM Facilities Including: offline programming, CAD modelling, Creation of working drawings, Reverse engineering
- Plastic fabrication, Acrylic, polycarbonate etc.
- Welding and Fabrication: Guillotines, Sheet metal forming, bending, rolling, punching
- Electronic and electrical projects/repairs
- Material hardening
- Bench fitting/ general assembly
- Painting and plastic coating
- Arranging outsourced work e.g. subcontracting
James King: email@example.com