Welcome to the Oxford OceanBug research page!
OceanBug is the Oxford group based in the Earth Sciences department researching marine biogeochemistry. Our research interests span from developing inventive ways to reconstruct oceans of the past, to understanding the adaptation of organisms to changing ocean chemistry in the modern perturbed world – all with ocean bugs at their heart! Please use the links on the left hand side to learn more about current research projects and group members.
Current Research Projects
- APPELs –A Probe of the Periodic Elements for Life in the Sea
- Exploration of Geoengineering solutions – Increasing ocean alkalinity
- Novel methods to reconstruct past atmospheric pCO2
- Tracking calcium carbonate formation in seawater – Mechanisms of phytoplankton calcification
- Oxygen sensing in phytoplankton