Resources for Teaching Petrology and Mineralogy
This area of the OESIS site holds images that may be useful at university level (undergraduate or postgraduate). Several of these resources have been built with the software jAlbum, which generates albums that are easy to navigate and have searchable text.
These are systematic reference collections
- Atlas of metamorphic rocks in outcrop and hand specimen
- Atlas of metamorphic minerals in thin section (a work in progress)
- Microstructures of Ductile Deformation: image banks for an advanced course in rock deformation
- Metamorphic Geology [Under construction]: Materials to support an advanced petrology course at Oxford
- Namibia 2015: Melting and melt transfer in the mid-crust. A record of field excursions associated with the Granulites 2015 conference
- Hydrothermal metamorphism. An example from South Africa: dramatic conversion of gneiss and amphibolite to epidote-quartz rocks
More image sets are planned - watch this space!