Dave Waters - Teaching materials
Current course materials are held on
University's central Virtual Learning Environment, and are accessible by using an Oxford
University single-sign-on username and password.
I'm looking into making some of these materials available to the public once more.
The OESIS image site now contains a university-level teaching branch that gives access to materials from current third-year metamorphic courses.
- Microstructures of Ductile Deformation: image banks for an advanced course in rock deformation
- Metamorphic Geology [Under construction]: Materials to support an advanced petrology course at Oxford
- Namibia 2015: Melting and melt transfer in the mid-crust. A record of field excursions associated with the Granulites 2015 conference
I have also resurrected some legacy materials designed for a first-year Introduction to Metamorphic Rocks course in the late 1990s. They have some rather quaint early-Web features (being designed for primitive browsers, small monitors and dial-up internet connections), but they still work, after a fashion.
- Dalradian Metamorphic Zones: a small atlas of Scottish petrography with assemblage-composition diagrams.
- Metamorphic Microstructures: an atlas of typical textures of mineral growth equilibration and deformation.
- Quizzes: a set of short (5-question) illustrated quizzes dealing with mineral recognition, the facies diagram, rock bulk compositions (ACF), terminology and microstructure.