This section, founded in 1996, is due for an overhaul! Currently you will find:
- Garnet - Cpx - Phengite geobarometer of Waters and Martin (1993): notes and current (1996) calibration.
- P-T path from Cpx-Hbl-Pl symplectites: Use of internal equilibria within symplectites to retrieve an exhumation P-T path, including the calibration of a new geobarometer.
- Abstracts related to Oxford eclogite studies.
New pages are planned to cover developments over the past c. 15 years:
- An appreciation of the work of Alice Wain (b.1972, d.2000) in western Norway.
- Eclogites and garnet-blueschists in Oman - petrology and metamorphic modelling in oxidised assemblages (Clare Warren and Dave Waters).
- Alpine eclogites - Monviso and Zermatt-Saas zones of the Western Alps.
- Himalayan eclogites - Kaghan Valley and Tso Morari complexes.
- Amphibole-bearing assemblages in eclogites: chemistry, microstructure and P-T patterns.